Need information about options as you, or a friend or family member, grow older?
Seniors Information Service can help you find answers to questions like these:
- What concessions am I entitled to for transport, health care or general living costs?
- Where can I go to learn to use a computer and the Internet?
- How do I go about applying for a pension?
- What are my housing options? How do I find out about retirement villages and what they offer? And how do they differ from hostels or nursing homes?
- Where can I go to volunteer my time and skills, now that I’ve retired?
- How do I organise support in my home to help me with self-care, housework or gardening?
- If or when the time comes, how do I find a good nursing home in my local area?
We can give you information and will send you fact sheets on a range of issues. We can also provide contact details for legal, health or financial services that are qualified to advise you, ideally within your local community.
Information is available on this website and if you want more assistance, call us on
13 77 88 (for the cost of a local call from throughout NSW).
If English is your second language and you would like an interpreter to help you with your enquiry, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on
13 14 50.